Monday, January 20, 2014

Learn about stops, and how to measure light with a camera

   Dear PHO121 students:
   Welcome to Week 2! It is time to start getting into the basic instruction of photography.
   As I told you in class last week, you'll get instruction from several different sources: me during class, your textbook, Owens-produced Powerpoints, and from outside sources, like the video I embedded in this blog post.
   I surfed the Web looking for alternative tutorials, and these videos from Allversity.org were pretty good! I will post Shane's videos sporadically throughout the course, depending on our topics. These videos are simply another way to learn about the basics of photography.
   This first video explores stops, which is how photographers measure light with a camera to make  properly exposed images. I will also talk about stops in class, of course.

No comments: